The positive effects of neuropeptides were discovered in the late 1960s when D. de Vid – who coined the term neuropeptide – conducted a number of trials on white rats and found that fragments of adrenocorticotropic hormones facilitate learning abilities.
It was not, however, until the late 1970s, when the Soviet Ministry of Defence commissioned a wide range of experiments to determine the optimal way to prolong the effects and increase their scope. After a long and complicated trial and error process, the optimal peptide formula was synthesized, and it had 50 times longer effects than its natural analog.
After that, extensive research on humans was started to ensure safety, increase efficiency, and determine the optimal dosages and delivery methods. As a result, on 20 December 1994, Semax was officially brought to the market. Since then it has won a number of international awards and, on 7 December 2011, was included in the List of Vital & Essential Drugs, as studies showed that it was one of the most important remedies after strokes.
Read more in our in-depth review of Semax!
Selank vs. Semax
Semax and Selank are two very different products. Even though they are both peptides administered nasally, they produce different effects. While Semax is a nootropic and has pronounced stimulating effects, Selank is an anxiolytic. In short, if you are looking for improved focus, mild stimulation, and faster learning – Semax is your choice. Selank will be useful for those looking to release stress, relax, and improve mood.
It is produced on a GMP-compliant factory by Peptogen Inc and is manufactured in two dosage forms, so you can buy Semax 0.1% and Semax 1%:
Primary Uses of Semax 0.1%:
- Increasing attention and memory during repetitive and monotonous tasks;
- Improvement of adaptive capacity of the human body in extreme conditions and in extreme circumstances;
- Alleviating cognitive impairments caused by cerebrovascular disorders, traumatic brain injuries, and neurosurgery;
- Cognitive disorders in kids above 7 y.o. including ADHD.
Primary Uses of Semax 1%:
- Prevention and treatment of circulatory disorders including stroke;
- Acute ischemic stroke and treatment of cognitive impairment caused by stroke;
- Transient ischemic attacks;
- Acute period of traumatic brain injury.
Is Semax going to be degraded after a long journey from Russia to the US?
In short, No. It is a pharmaceutical nootropic produced by Peptogen Inc. According to the official instruction (drug sheet), once opened a bottle of Semax is to be kept at temperatures below 30°C (86°F) for a period of up to 30 days. Apart from that, we want to stress some other points:
- The product contains methylparaben (0.01%), which works as a preservative and ensures a longer shelf-life. It is considered safe and is frequently used in other drugs.
- The product is sterile and is produced in a GMP-compliant factory, which is likely to increase storage duration.
- For longer periods of time, Semax should be stored at temperatures below 10°C (50°F). The shelf life of a new product is 2 years if stored below 10°C (50°F).
This implies that if the temperature between 10°C (50°F) to 30°C (86°F) the storage duration is anywhere between 30 days to 2 years, depending on the temperature.
*Up until now, nobody complained about Semax being unusable due to the heat during transportation, though we have been shipping for more than three years by now.
Due to the current circumstances, the delivery may take a long time. Semax is available for order at your own risk and will probably become less effective. The refund will be provided after 2 months without shipping updates.